Thursday, October 9, 2008

little pixy

I am so happy with how this LO turned out! I was inspired by Jill It is my 1st try at tear bears & my 1st time sewing on the photo mats and ribbon! I love the look but am always scared to try this but since I had an extra set of these pictures I went for it!

The sign is from PDDU knight I sized it using CDS

The Flowers are Primma's and the buttons are just some of my vast collection.


This is my very 1st tear bear! Man she was a lot of fun to make but let me tell you they are time consuming! I used PDDU pixy for the dress, shoes and wand, which I sized in CDS to get the right fit. The wings are for the PDDU angel, which I used the CB swirls folder on and used Versa Mark and shimmer chalk on. The belts is just some random pearl strand that I had laying around as are the bows on both bears.The eyes and nose are Peachy Keen stamps

Here is a close up of my pixy bear and her sign again I used PDDU pixy to make the shoes ( I cut 2 pairs then just used the right ones so that they were pointing the same way) and the dress, which I just cut in half. The wings I also cut in half, embossed with the CB ( the folder I got from Oh My Crafts tehy have great prices on all the Cuttle Bug stuff!) and used Versa mark and chalk over the swirls. Then layered them, again to make her look like she was standing to the side.

I did the quote on the computer the type is called Fairy dust and I think that I got it at
http://www.dafonts.com/ I then used the Ranger Embossing pen and Bridal powder to make a few words "pop"

3 comments:

Ashley Rv said...

wow! Absolutely breathtaking amazing job! I mean seriously girly wow!

~JulieH~ said...

Wow Davia absolutely stunning Layouts, your tearbears are gorgeous!

Juliexx

Enfys said...

Golly gosh! You would never think that this is your first attempt at a tear bear. I have tried many times, and mine look so awful they are despatched to the tear bear graveyard. This is fabulous. x